Yenching Scholars Set Up Blog on the Belt and Road Initiative
Three 2016 Yenching Scholars have recently founded a blog that discusses the Belt & Road Initiative (www.beltandroad.blog). The scholars are: Grzegorz Stec (Poland, University of Oxford), Maximilian Romer (Germany, Hertie School of Governance) and Ravi Prasad (United Kingdom, University of Cambridge).
The Belt & Road (BRI) Initiative was conceived by Chinese President Xi Jinping in 2013. At its core, the initiative is a global infrastructure project that has the potential to catalyze development in countries around the world. Whilst still in its early stages, multiple billions of dollars have already been invested as part of the initiative. The recent BRI Summit in Beijing caught the attention of the world; President Xi Jinping described it as the “project of the century”.
As the founders said, “We set up the blog after many thought-provoking conversations on the Belt and Road Initiative. The Yenching Academy provided a platform for us to come together, listen and learn from experts on the BRI, and form our own views and ideas. The blog has had a successful first few months, having been read globally. We hope to sustain this momentum going forward, and welcome guest contributions too.”
About the founders
- Former South Korea Prime Minister Lee Hong-koo Visits the Yenching Academy of Peking University
- Yenching Academy Celebrates the Mid-Autumn Festival of 2018
- Yenching Academy Holds Its Opening Ceremony for 2018-2019 Academic Year
- Yenching Academy of Peking University Holds Graduation Ceremony 2018
- Field Trip to Dunhuang
- Yenching Academy of Peking University Holds End of Year Celebration for 2017 Cohort