Yenching Scholars Organize the First Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Youth Conference
On 2 June 2018, two 2017 Yenching Scholars, Nazerke Aibar (Kazakhstan, KIMEP University) and Odil Gafarov (Uzbekistan, University of World Economics and Diplomacy) have respectively acted as an organizer and the Secretary-General of the first Model Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Youth Conference for students and young professionals at the SCO headquarters in Beijing. This conference was held under the supervision of SCO Youth League prior to the annual summit. The ideas of youth that have been developed throughout the conference were incorporated into a joint communiqué, which has been presented to Mr. Alimov, the Secretary General of the SCO. The conference was highlighted in more than 20 mass media sources of 8 countries including CCTV, CGTN, Shanghai Cooperation Organization official website, TASS, etc.
After the conference, four Yenching Scholars, including Odil Gafarov, Nazerke Aibar, Nishat Kazmi (Pakistan, Maastricht University) and Mohnish Kedia (India, University of Cambridge) were interviewed by CGTN to talk about youth perspective on Shanghai Cooperation Organization for “The Point” television program with Liu Xin. Yenching Scholars have been invited to express opinion of youth from their respective countries and stated their expectations of the annual Shanghai Cooperation Organization Summit held in Qingdao, China on June 9 -10, 2018.
- Yenching Academy of Peking University Holds Graduation Ceremony 2018
- Field Trip to Dunhuang
- Yenching Academy of Peking University Holds End of Year Celebration for 2017 Cohort
- Dandelions of Hope: Story of Migrant Children and Leadership in Social Development
- Site Visit: Beijing Daxing International Airport
- Delegation of Kraft Global Fellows Program from Columbia University Visits Yenching Academy